My version of qregex now includes updated man pages, installs its readme file into qmail/doc, and modifies qmail-showctl to reflect the capabilities of the badmailfrom and badmailto control files; all thanks to the efforts of Jeremy Kitchen. My qregex-starttls-2way-auth.patch includes this new version of qregex as well.
BIND now logs to specific files rather than relying on syslog. I’ve added a parameter to DHCP to ensure that DHCP clients can’t update my DNS server directly.
I’ve made some changes to my NTP setup and I’ve also added more explanations as to why I’ve set things up the way I have.
I’ve set up BIND to work with views and also made some minor changes to improve the security of my name servers. Go to the HOWTO Documents page to read all about it.
Some of the servers I run work very closely together and things just seem to work more smoothly if all of them are using the same time. I use ntpd to synchronize the time on my local machines to public time servers in my area. This document describes my NTP configuration. Find it on my HOWTO Documents page.
Courierpasswd, the program that authenticates users through Courier authentication modules, is now up to version 0.30. This version adds authentication via CRAM-MD5. Follow the Downloads link to download it today.
I’ve created a custom block list to stop incoming mail from a few particularly troublesome domains. The Mail Server Setup Doc describes how I’ve integrated it with spfilter.
I’ve made a minor change to my TMDA setup. Because of the way I have my qmail users database set up, I needed to change the way I deal with bounces to TMDA generated messages.
It took long enough but I’ve finally managed to get my email working again. I now have a server at a friend’s who is letting me use one of his static IPs. The upshot of this odyssey is that I know a lot more about how IPsec and ssh port forwarding works.
I use two patches with qmail that are either modifications of patches available elsewhere or are stock patches combined in a new way. You can find them by following the Downloads link. The Mail Server Setup Doc has also been updated to reflect my use of these two patches.