I’ve started using SpamAssassin’s Razor2 plugin and so I’ve added the steps I used to configure Vipul’s Razor on my server. You will find the updated doc here.
I’ve done a major rewrite of my Mail Server Setup Doc. In particular, I’ve changed how I deal with unwanted email, how I configure netqmail for use as a null client, and how mail gets delivered into local mailboxes. It also includes a new diagram showing how email routes through the Arda Network. Follow this link to find it.
I’ve upgraded to version 3.1.5 and added a couple of SARE channels to sa-update. Find the updated doc in the usual place.
I’ve upgraded to version 3.1.4 and I’ve started using the ImageInfo plugin to deal with all the gif stock spam I’ve been receiving lately. Find the updated doc here.
The biggest behind-the-scenes change in this release is new getopt source files which remove the gettext dependency the old files had. No more linking to libintl at build time. No need to panic, the interfaces of all three utilities remain unchanged. The biggest change affecting the use of these utilities is that courierpasswd and courieruserinfo are no longer installed setuid. The INSTALL files include a lot more information on how to properly set up these utilities and I describe methods that will allow most people to run them non-root and non-setuid. You will find the latest release tarballs here.
No major changes to this document. I’ve upgraded to BIND 9.3.2 and DHCP 3.0.4. I needed to make some changes to my network when my server died last month and now those changes are reflected in the document. Follow this link to find it.
Just a couple of changes in response to feedback I’ve received. One of the changes talks about a potential problem with sa-update so you might want to have another look at it if you’ve already read through the document. Find it here.
Like everyone else who runs a mail server on the Internet, I receive more than my fair share of spam. One of the tools I use to stem the tide of unwanted email is SpamAssassin. I’ve prepared a document that describes how I use spamd, spamc, sa-learn, and sa-update as well as other features of SpamAssassin. You can find it here.
Don’t get too excited, this is just a bugfix release. Charles Fry pointed out a problem with the Makefile that causes it to ignore a user defined path when installing the binary. This problem affects all three of my Courier utility programs. Release 1.1.1 fixes this problem. Thanks Charles! You can find the tarballs in Downloads.
In case anyone has been wondering where The Arda Network has been for the last week and a half, I have two words for you: power blackout. It managed to kill one of my servers and wouldn’t you know it, it was Thebe, my internet gateway. Anyway, 1 server and 1 UPS later, I’m back in business.